Doorstep Loans & Lenders
Doorstep loans are small unsecured cash loans organised on a face to face basis with people working for well-known specialist companies. Who are the UK’s main doorstep lenders?
Why Consider a Doorstep Loan?
There are a number of alternatives if you need a cash loan, so what is it about doorstep loans that might make these your cash loans of choice?
- You have a poor credit history and have been refused credit by mainstream lenders
- You find mainstream/high street lenders intimidating and would prefer to borrow on a face-to-face basis with people you can trust
- You need the convenience of home visits to arrange your loan and to make the weekly repayments
- You don’t have a bank account or would prefer to avoid the “high pressure” world of payday loans
We have a close relationship with both of the UK’s best known doorstep lenders – Provident Personal Credit and Morses Club (previously known as Shopacheck). Below is more general information about them. These doorstep lenders provide great customer service – typically nearly 95% of customers are satisfied, and literally millions of people in the UK have borrowed from them over the years. In fact Provident has been in business for over 130 years, and Morses Club for over 80 – companies only last that long if they have a strong reputation and can be trusted! And many borrowers later join and become agents/team members themselves.
Our Doorstep Lenders:
- Can provide cash loans from £100 to £2500
- Accept repayments over 13 to 104 weeks
- Offer low, manageable weekly payments
- Have agents available UK-wide
- Can provide quotes for you at no charge and with no obligation
TYPES OF DOORSTEP LOANS
If you need a small cash loan and want a personal service then consider a doorstep loan. This type of home credit comes from highly reputable lenders and does not require you to have a bank account.
How do Doorstep Loans Work?
- You make an online enquiry/application today and the lender makes an instant assessment
- If they believe they can help they will contact you the same day to arrange an agent/team member to visit you at home
- You agree the terms of your loan and get your cash handed to you that instant
- The agent/team member visits you each week to collect the weekly repayment (which is why they are also called home collection loans)
- Payments are typically fixed with nothing hidden, and usually no late payment fees.
Our Doorstep Lenders & Loan Companies
Doorstep lenders work on a local, regional or national UK basis. So, depending on where you live you will have a range of lenders available to you.
However, we have chosen to work with two national UK companies who both have very strong reputations built over decades – Provident has been in business for over 130 years, and Morses Club for many, many decades! So you can be sure that you are dealing with reputable companies who you can trust.
- Focus on providing cash loans of £100 to £400 (up to £1500 for existing borrowers) subject to affordability.
- Repayment periods of 22, 34 or 53 weeks.
- Fixed weekly repayments.
- No charges for late payment.
- Existing customers get access to additional credit products.
- Representative 466.37% APR
Provident Personal Credit
- Borrow £100 to £1000 (up to £2500 for existing customers) subject to affordability.
- Low manageable weekly repayments
- No late payment fees
- Choose from 13, 26, 52 week repayment terms (existing customers can repay over 104 weeks for loans of £500+)
- Personal payment book so you can track your repayments.
- Representative 535.3% APR
We are confident that Provident and Morses Club are the most trusted and respected home credit lenders in the UK. You can trust their team members and agents to be friendly, polite and understanding when they visit you face to face at your home. And you can trust these companies to offer a great service at a very competitive rate.
Both lenders have customer satisfaction in the region of 92% to 97% – we think that says volumes about the quality of their service!
You must take great care when looking for a doorstep lender who works in your area. You do not want to expose yourself to so-called loan sharks – unscrupulous people who are not licensed to lend money and who will charge extortionate interest rates that will drive you into insurmountable debt. Don’t take such a risk. Make sure you stay safe by dealing with our trusted doorstep lender partners.
List of Doorstep Lenders like Provident in the UK
If you can’t find your town listed below then another option is to use the website listed beneath the list. Simply pop in your postcode and see which companies are listed for you.
As we mentioned above we would strongly recommend that you get competitive quotes from our trusted lenders. They have the resources to ensure a high quality customer service (they’ve both been around for 100+ years) while being able to provide the same local service you need.
|Incubus Finance Ltd||Bristol|
|Rogerstan Finance Ltd||Cardiff|
|Times Finance Company||Plymouth|
|Muirhead Financial Services||Plymouth|
|Estone Personal Credit||Birmingham|
|Homepride Finance Ltd||Birmingham|
|Easy Pay Midlands Ltd||Birmingham|
|Unamay Loan Finance||Manchester|
|Diamond Financial Services||Sheffield|
|Hoyle Direct Loans||Bradford|
|RG & RP Logan||Bradford|
|Ideal Credit & Loans||Bradford|
|Hays Credit LLP||Newcastle|
|Pinewood Finance Company||Dagenham|
Loans to your Door when Cash is Tight
Doorstep loans are used most often for unplanned expenditure – e.g. your washing machine breaks down or your car fails its MOT. Most people don’t have savings to fall back on and only half of people who use home credit are full time or part time employed. So, the lenders we work with will consider applications from people who are unemployed but have another form of income – e.g. people on benefits or living on a pension. Each applicant is assessed on a case by case basis with particular attention paid to where their income comes from.
Lenders and Agents/Team Members cover the UK
Our lenders cover approximately 90% of UK post codes using thousands of agents/team members to distribute and manage door to door loans. So you are almost certainly going to be living in our lenders’ catchment area. And if you live in a city – e.g. London, Leeds, Glasgow, Manchester, Belfast, Liverpool, Nottingham, Birmingham, Bolton, Hull, Grimsby, Middlesbrough & Blackpool – then chance of getting a doorstep loan is even greater.
60 Second Explainer Video
Doorstep Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.